→ top: premium quality 100% cotton
→ core: two layers of absorbent cotton flannel
→ back: water resistant anti-pill fleece
Always wash pads before use! The fabric is pre-washed and pre-shrunk, but should always be "prepped" to ensure they are ready for their first use. Wash with your favorite detergent and treat stains with commercial stain treatment, such as Shout, Zote, or other stain stick. Machine or hand wash cold. Line dry or machine dry on low. Do not use fabric softener, as it could affect the absorbency of the materials.
→ Liner: one layer of flannel. Offers our thinnest and lightest option for daily wear and everyday protection.
→ Light: two layers of flannel. Great as a back up for a menstrual cup or tampon. These pads are ideal if you have a very light flow, or to use at the beginning/end of your period.
→ Moderate: one layer of Zorb. Great for regular flow days or for incontinence. Zorb is a highly popular core option for its unique ability to absorb 10x it's weight in moisture and disperses it throughout its blend of bamboo viscose, cotton, and polyester fibers.
→ Heavy: one layer of Zorb + two layers of flannel. Great for heavier flows or overnight. Longer lengths offer additional coverage in the front and back.
→ Postpartum: one layer of Zorb + one layer of SHOBF. The most absorbent of our pads, these are an excellent option for the heaviest of flows, for extra overnight protection, or for postpartum use. The super heavy organic bamboo fleece, or SHOBF, offers quick absorption while the Zorb provides a backup layer of protection against leaks.
Our pads are a standard 2.5" snapped width, with postpartum options offering additional center coverage at a 3" snapped width.
Frequently Asked Questions:
→ How do cloth pads work? Cloth pads work by absorbing fluid in an absorbent core.
→ How many pads do I need? Because each person’s cycle is different, the number of pads you need will vary. If you’re making the switch from disposables to reusables, we recommend building your stash to be comparable to the number of pads you are currently using. For example, if you use 3 disposables a day, replace those with 3 reusables. You can get enough to last your whole cycle, or if you are okay with washing mid-cycle, you can buy less.
→ How do I wear cloth pads? Cloth pads are meant to be worn snapped around the center gusset of your underwear. The printed cotton fabric is worn against your body, while the moisture resistant fleece goes down against the fabric of your underwear to provide a barrier. The fleece also has "gripping" properties that help your pad stay in place.
→ How long will cloth pads last? You can expect your cloth pads to last 5+ years with proper care.
Why Choose Cloth Pads:
→ Body Friendly: Cloth pads are comfortable and more breathable than disposables. They do not carry the same risk of drying you out or causing TSS like tampons. They are also free of harmful chemicals and fragrances that can cause irritation.
→ Earth Friendly: The average American woman will use 16,000 disposable menstrual products in her lifetime. This produces tons of waste, from the product itself to the wrappers, applicators, and packaging they come in – much of which is plastic that will take 500+ years to degrade. Replacing these products with washable, reusable products you are making an eco-friendly choice.
→ Budget Friendly: The longevity of cloth pads adds up! Your initial investment in your cloth pads will eliminate the monthly cost of running to the store to purchase disposables.
*pattern placement may vary.
3-5 business days
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 24 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
INFORMATION I COLLECT
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorized Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewelry, for example), if you contact me directly.
WHY I NEED THIS INFORMATION & HOW I USE IT
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
INFORMATION & SHARING DISCLOSURE
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE EU
I may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, I may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If I am deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, I rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud is Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
HOW TO CONTACT ME
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Jennifer Baker, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at:
The Wittle Whale
PO Box 265
Comstock Park, MI 49321
Please send me a message to discuss placing a custom order.
Custom orders are created for you soon after your order is placed. Any changes to your original order submitted after 24 hours of placing the order may incur a commissioning fee.
Wholesale orders are available. Please send me a message to discuss what you're looking for.
Gift wrapping and packaging are available upon request.
I offer an exclusive 20% coupon for your first purchase when you join the official The Wittle Whale VIP Club. This wonderful club allows me to spoil members with giveaways, discounts, sneak peeks and more. To become a Member and claim your instant VIP Coupon, simply paste this link into your browser: http://eepurl.com/cm6MBP